Below is a thorough listing of all the ins and outs of how Rebuild Together protects your privacy.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide to us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
- We collect your personal information to allow us to conduct our business, in order for you to (amongst other things):
- use the Rebuild Together Platform;
- contact or correspond with us;
- complete an online or hard copy order form;
- buy or otherwise receive our products or services (including our SaaS-based project management tools);
- register for or use an account or subscription with us;
- request information about us, our products or our services or third party products or services;
- provide feedback or lodge an enquiry with us;
- upload content on the Rebuild Together Platform;
- have access to productivity reports or generalised data analysis;
- communicate with other Rebuild Together users;
- for your employer to, provide that information to us in the course of conducting or administering our relationship with you; and
- We may also collect personal information from third parties (such as governmental, law enforcement and other public authorities and commercial information suppliers) and other publicly available information about you.
- If we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
- We may collect personal information such as (but not limited to):
- your contact details such as name, postal and email address and telephone number;
- your date of birth (or age);
- your gender;
- your job title or role of employment;
- any other information from your curriculum vitae or job application submitted to us.
- Non-personal information may also be collected by us and our third party service providers who assist us in operating the Rebuild Together Platform. This may include recording user experience and behavioural data related to your activities on the Rebuild Together Platform collected via:
- tracking technologies such as IP address geolocation, retargeting pixels and heatmaps;
- clickstream data, cookies, web beacons;
- anonymised logging of general activity taken on the Platform
- storing and retrieving data from your browser’s local storage
- third party content providers such as social media sites and links.
- Cookies may be used to collect information in an anonymous form, including information about the number of visits, the pages you visit and the device and software you are using. Your cookie preferences can be configured on your browser. We use the information collected by these technologies to prepare reports and improve the customer experience of the Rebuild Together Platform.
- The Rebuild Together Platform may contain links to sites operated by third parties. Those sites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for their content. Those sites have their own terms and policies, including security and privacy policies. We encourage You to review those materials before using those sites.
- Errors and other noteworthy events may be broadcast to services operated by third parties for analysis and review. Messages, notifications and other “live” synchronous data is also handled by third parties.
- We use the personal information we collect about you to conduct our business. Other purposes for which we collect your personal information may include:
- communicating with you and providing you with information, products or services you have requested;
- advising you of updates to our terms or special offers;
- advising you of any termination or suspension of your accounts;
- responding to your enquiries;
- notifying you about changes to the Rebuild Together Platform, products or services, including updates, upgrades and new versions;
- advising you about new features added to the Rebuild Together Platform or features that are being retired;
- managing and administering your account with us;
- promoting and marketing our products and services to you;
- personalising and customising your experience on the Rebuild Together Platform;
- providing a better or more relevant product or service to you, for example by automatically populating forms on the Rebuild Together Platform;
- researching the needs of our platform users to help us improve;
- processing any job application submitted by you;
- If we contact you by using your personal information, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for direct marketing in the future by following the opt out instructions provided in the communication.
- Whereas we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected we may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to the purpose for which it was collected, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
- We may also disclose your personal information to relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or where we are otherwise authorised or required to do so by law.
- Some of the third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may be located outside Australia. Although the countries in which these third parties are located depends on the circumstances, we commonly disclose personal information to third parties, or IT systems, located in the United Kingdom and United States. [We disclose your personal information to service providers outside of Australia to obtain Website hosting, secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to transfer your personal information and data outside of Australia for these purposes][Do I do anything with that?].
- Where such third parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties’ compliance with applicable privacy laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
- We may also disclose and transfer personal data in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of Rebuild Together or as part of a corporate reorganisation or share sale or other change in corporate control.
- We may aggregate, make anonymous, use a pseudonym or de-identify information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance or other purposes.
- We may use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you.
- If we do contact you, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future. You can always unsubscribe. Please also contact us at our details below at any time you decide you want to opt out of receiving any direct marketing.
You are entitled to access, correct or update personal information we hold about you. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we hold about you, please contact us as set out below. We may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access to the extent that the law allows us to do so.
5. Storage and security
- We aim to keep your personal information secure. Any personal information that is collected via the Rebuild Together Platform or which is stored on our IT systems is protected by a range of safeguards and security measures including physical, technical and procedural methods.
- Along with security measures offered by our service providers, we protect your personal information in a number of ways. All our servers and databases are kept within Australia, and are continuously optimised and monitored to ensure all relevant vulnerabilities are patched or otherwise remedied as soon as possible. We have an active and verified SSL certificate, and all sensitive data (such as user IDs, email addresses and passwords) being sent from or to the Rebuild Together platform is encrypted.
- We always take reasonable steps to protect personal information.
7. Questions and complaints
- Our privacy officer will investigate your query or complaint and endeavour to respond to you promptly. Please provide as much detail as possible in relation to the query, issue or complaint.
- If you don’t think your privacy concerns have been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated: 10th August 2018